Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Where Oh Where Are You Tonight?

Well, I left you all alone for many reasons. Here's the short version:

I finally made it to West Virginia in May. I was there with the kids for about 2 weeks and then Ben joined us for another 2 weeks. We were either outside playing or at the hospital visiting my grandmother.

June brought us back to the Pacific Northwest for a whirlwind of activities. First there was camp with the teen parents that we work with, then there was our family vacation, next came a visit from my ever-hard-to-be-around father, and finally a stay at our children’s hospital due to Fish inhaling a rock during our family vaca. I thought things would finally calm down with Ben starting back to work, but . . .

July 4, 2008 my grandmother passed away. Such a beautiful lady was laid to rest a few days later (which meant my traveling another 3000 miles to do the laying). I felt so many emotions – enormous amounts of love for her and all the time we spent together, sorrow for her passing, happiness for her being in a better place with no pain, etc. Most of all I felt the hard reality that she will never again surprise me with a phone call or a card in the mail. I miss her so.

I came back to the Northwest on July 13 and have been desperately trying to regain a sense of balance in our life. Treefrog and Fish have been so wonderful through this process – very patient and understanding as I have readjusted to being a full time mama. I think I can finally say we are back in the swing of things (two full weeks later). I mean, look at me! I’m finally posting!!

No comments: