Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The To Do List, She keeps Growin'!

Well, Pillbug does indeed have something more serious: kidney reflux. Life is never dull, eh?

These days my list of things to get done just seems never ending. Especially when throwing in days of Fish taking A LOT of energy and a teething babe. Fish is sitting into his two-dom very nicely, thankyouverymuch. There are many tantrums throughout each day due to his stage in life. I respect that he is growing and developing. Really, I do. Somedays I just wish that growing and developing would happen a little more quietly is all.

I'm in the middle of baking bread for our alternative church service this weekend. I find baking (especially bread, but anything will do really) very centering. In many ways, baking and being in the kitchen is a time where I can meet God in ways that singing and being around a large group of people cannot provide. The time in my kitchen is so precious, so focused on the task at hand, so worshipful. Having my hands in bread dough or mixing batter of some sort brings me a sense of warmth. I provide nutrition for my family and/or friends as well as nutrition for my soul.

My prayer is that I can cling to these rare moments where I can be in the kitchen while the kids are occupied upstairs (or sleeping in her crib) and utilize the energy given to be a better, more patient Mama. Lord knows I need all the help I can get:)

3 comments:

Aj Schwanz said...

This is beautiful, and this is worship: thanks for letting me in on it. :)

Jolene Brown said...

What? You told someone else about your blog?! No way. :-)

This IS beautiful worship, I love it!

Ashlee said...

I'm getting braver!