Thursday, October 25, 2007

Boxes, Boxes, Boxes

Well, three more boxes down and about one million left . . .

Have I mentioned we are moving? One week from today, actually. My life is filled with boxes, which are stacked, and giving me an aneurysm because I fear the boxes will collapse with my two year old underneath. Mmmmm, good times.

So, I'm taking a break from packing and cleaning to catch up on my obsession. Blogging (mostly reading other blogs) makes my heart warm.

I attend a Bible study every Thursday morning. I live in an area that is teeming with moms (product of a suburb of a major city I guess), so one of the perks is childcare. For two blissful hours, I get to talk and eat with no child attached to me (oh, right, I guess we sometimes open the Bible as well). This morning, when I went to pick up the kids, one of the women in the nursery said that she thinks Fish has colic. Uhhhh, okay. You should probably know that though I have very energetic children, they are, without a doubt, some of the easiest babies ever. Ever. I know this is not a product of my stellar parenting skills. We just create pretty laid back kids is all. So, when I inquired as to why she thought Fish has colic, she replied that it is because he cries at about the same time every Thursday. She then follows this expert opinion up with the statement that he is very easy to calm down.

Hmmmm. Every thing I've ever read about colic has told me that it usually happens more than once per week and the kids aren't usually calmed down very easily. . . . Yep, sounds like colic to me! I did, however, thank her and told her I'd watch for it. I'm not sure what I'm watching for (more crying? easily comforted?), but hopefully she was placated.

Did I mention we're moving in a week?

No comments: